There is just something special about Banana Pudding and it's about time that 'this monkey' posted a Banana Pudding recipe. I like to call this the "Made from Scratch (except for the Vanilla Wafers)" Banana Pudding. Let's get started!
|Salt not pictured|
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 c Sugar
3 T Flour
1/4 t Salt
3 c Milk (Whole or 2%)
3 T Unsalted Butter (cut into 3-4 pieces)
1-2 t Vanilla Extract
70 Vanilla Wafers (about a box) - reserve about 10-15 for topping
5 Ripe, but Firm Bananas (sliced)
Whipped Cream (optional)
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED:
Measuring Cups & Spoons
Liquid Measuring Cup
Medium Sauce Pan
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Mix the Sugar, Flour, & Salt together in the Sauce Pan
2. Slowly Stir in 3 c Milk, then Heat over Medium Heat
3. Thoroughly Whisk in 4 Eggs & Add the 3 T of Butter
5. Thinly Slice the Bananas. I'll stir, then slice 1 banana, then repeat until all bananas are sliced.
8. After the mixture finally begins to thicken, vigorously stir while bringing to a simmer & Cook for 1 min.
9. Remove from heat, then Stir in the Vanilla Extract
12. Enjoy your Banana Pudding!
That's it! 'Anymonkeycan' make this Banana Pudding. Just be sure to be patient in #4 and allow the mixture to thicken. Also, in #7 you could meticulously layer the Wafers & Bananas, but I prefer Entropy!! I can take or leave the whipped cream. It is that good!